From the many hours spent creating blueprints, mockups, and conducting design modifications, putting forward a new product in the market is a major investment for any business. But once the product is created an equal amount of hard work must be done in its launch. To ensure a successful product launch, it’s critical to create a foolproof marketing strategy that efficiently gets your product out in front of varied audiences. For many industries, including niche markets and all manufacturers incorporating a B2B inbound marketing strategy builds up product awareness and drives qualified leads.
This blog emphasizes the important steps to create a foolproof digital marketing strategy for new product launch:
Conduct Market Research
An effective digital marketing strategy starts with market research. To properly market your product and pump-up site traffic, it’s vital to pinpoint the consumer’s pain point(s), any special product factors, and any alternative solutions on the market.
Answer the following questions:
- What problem does my product solve?
- What alternatives are there on the market?
- What separates my product from others?
To find out your new product’s standing in the market, it’s crucial to be honest when answering these questions. In so doing you ensure to cover any previously overlooked unique selling points.
Define Your Ideal Buyer Persona
After establishing the unique selling points for your new product, the next step is to define who this product is for. A buyer persona, or semi-fictional representation of your ideal buyer, relies on data and research. Setting up an effective buyer persona ask for answering some typical questions about your ideal customer, such as:
- Who is interested in your product? Who are the people involved in the purchasing process/journey/decision?
- Why do they find your products interesting? What products can effectively solve the problems they have? What is stopping them from buying your products?
- When are they buying? Time of day, month, year? When does your product have maximum usefulness?
- What sources do they look at to get information about products? What sources do they trust? Events, blogs, forums, among others.
- What’s their style of buying? What decisions do they make during the buying journey? What influences those decisions?
Once you have set up your unique selling points and ideal buyer, the next step is content. To develop a great digital marketing strategy for new product launch it’s crucial to create a range of varied content to appeal to your ideal buyer, at various stages of their buyer journeys, including:
Web Content (Blogs): One critical and impactful step to take when launching a new product is creating optimized web content, including:
- Web Pages
- Landing Pages
- Premium Offers
- Blog Content
- White Papers
Social and Email Resources: Adding social posts and email blasts is another influential way to communicate new product launches to the masses and drive traffic to your site.
The Final Word
In the end make a strategy for nurturing your leads. Lead nurturing is the last and most vital step in any digital marketing strategy that no business can afford to overlook.