Failing to conceive even after fertility treatments carries trauma and worry and puts emotions, time, money, and promising hope into frustration and depression.
IUI, or intrauterine insemination, is one of the most popular infertility treatments because it is minimally invasive and feasible. As its success rate ranges from 7% to 20%, IUI is not always successful.
Suggest to read :- What is the Role of an Embryologist?
Reasons for IUI Failure
During IUI, the sperm are injected into the uterus, where they traverse the distance to reach the fallopian tubes. Even if the sperm finds its way into the egg to be fertilized, it doesn’t guarantee that the egg will implant in the uterus.
IUI helps in this process; however, the combination of sperm washing and fertility drugs can help increase its chances of success. However, that’s not always the case.
When to move on from failed IUIs
IUI is one of the valid and successful infertility treatments that may fail during the first cycle. The decision of when to quit with unsuccessful IUIs and proceed to advanced fertility treatments like IVF can be regarded as private.
Patients should take into account how failing IUI attempts affect them emotionally, as well as what is spent on one IUI cycle and whether or not there will be enough funds for IVF procedures in the future.
IVF treatment after failed IUIs
The same factors that influence IUI success also play a role in IVF success. Nevertheless, IVF is more effective than IUI as a whole. There are several ways by which IUI differs from IVF:
- Only viable eggs get retrieved from the ovaries.
- Sperm are mixed or injected into collected eggs in a controlled environment.
- Only the healthiest embryo(s) are placed in the uterus.
IVF might then be the most adequate treatment for patients with prior failures of infertility therapy, which includes unfulfilled IUIs.
7 Benefits of In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
Here is how an IVF clinic in Noida can help increase the chances of a healthy pregnancy and childbirth.
- Anyone can use it. Surrogate or gestational carriers may also utilize IVF because it allows more people to become parents and experience pregnancy as well as delivery. For example, these individuals include homosexual men and women, disabled females, and unmarried women.
- You can use donated eggs or sperm. At some point, a fertility doctor or IVF clinic in Noida may prescribe using donor eggs and/or sperm. When that is the case, the egg can be taken over to the clinic, where it can be fertilized by manual means; thus, a viable embryo is developed, which makes it easy to get pregnant on the first or second try through IVF.
- IVF will benefit those patients who tend to pay attention to people living in unconventional circumstances concerning the desired time for having a new baby. These eggs, or embryos, are cryopreserved for future use. Then, you decide on the window of time you want to be pregnant—or your preferred birth date—and work backward from there to ensure you’re ready to try in vitro fertilization.
- This enhances one’s chance of birthing a healthy baby. Genetic screening is an effective technique that assists in ensuring the healthy birth of your baby. PGT involves genetic screening that ensures that your fetus does not have any known genetic markers. They could be associated with serious health conditions like sickle cell anemia, cystic fibrosis, Down syndrome, and Tay Sachs disease. However, the testing is based on the mother and/or father having tested positive for such diseases and/or on any serious inheritable pathology in the family.
- Decrease your chances of miscarriage. The majority of miscarriages are due to some types of congenital anomalies that lead to self-termination of the embryo and not because of any medical intervention. With the use of PGT technology, mothers stand a higher chance of having healthy pregnancies and delivering their babies.
- IVF combined with PGT Increases your chances of conception. In some cases, more than one cycle can be applied for women who wish to get their fertilization and a safe pregnancy.
IUI has been instrumental in helping couples have children. Nonetheless, there are instances where numerous IUI treatments are unsuccessful.
IVF is a common and efficient solution that should be investigated in situations like these. It may not be easy sometimes to decide when is the right time to start doing IVF after an IUI failure. Therefore, you need to consult an IVF clinic in Noida to get advice on when to move on from IUI and switch to IVF.